The Moapa Band of Paiute Indians resides on the Moapa River Reservation. They are a recognized Indian tribe organized under a Constitution approved by the Secretary of the Interior on April 17, 1942.
The tribal lands originally set aside in 1874 consisted of two million acres, but in 1876 it was reduced to a thousand acres. In December 1980, under the Carter Administration, an additional 70,000 acres were provided. The current total land base is 71,954 acres.