The Office Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the Office Manager to provide administrative support for the Washington, D.C. Office. This position is essential in providing an efficiently-operated office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure overall office appearance, housekeeping and organization, which include upkeep of the kitchen, conference rooms, and copy rooms
- Greet office guests and meeting attendees
- Maintain conference room calendars
- Assist the Vice President of Litigation and Managing Attorneys with administrative tasks as needed
- Oversee the calendaring and coordination of video-conferencing equipment
- Sign for packages; receive and sort U.S. mail, send out Federal Express, UPS and USPS packages
- Assist with preparation of employee reimbursement requests
- Respond to public inquiries
- Assist Office Manager with external vendors and building management
- Act as liaison between D.C. staff and IT department in addition to working closely with on-site IT representative to resolve urgent matters
- Office point person for visiting staff logistics
- Maintain office inventory and unload stock orders
- Handle staff office equipment inquires
- Assist with planning and placement of catering orders and hotel bookings for large meetings
- Conduct general research on various topics including recycling policies, hotel rates, conference facilities, transportation services for staff and visitors
- Assist the Litigation and Policy departments on large document production
- Cover for the Office Manager, when necessary
- Other tasks as needed
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1 year of relevant office experience
- Excellent computer skills, including a solid understanding of the Microsoft Office suite (ideally 2010) and Adobe Acrobat
- Outstanding problem-solver and proactive thinker
- Strong ability to multi-task, exceptional organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a variety of people and also independently with little supervision
- Sense of humor
- Interest in environmental issues a plus
- Some weekend and off hour work required
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. Diversity is highly valued.
Interested candidates should submit a resume along with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Office Assistant” in the subject line.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters and citizens to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.