Earthjustice’s Northeast regional office is seeking a full-time Office Manager to join our New York City location. This position oversees the operations of the Northeast regional offices in New York and Philadelphia and will provide administrative support to the Northeast regional office staff, as well as to attorneys in the Coal and Clean Energy Program departments.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage and maintain facilities and office equipment for New York and Philadelphia offices.
- Manage Northeast calendar, mail, email, and voicemail.
- Arrange and plan office events and travel.
- Provide on-site IT support.
- Draft, edit, and proofread correspondence and other written materials for program staff as needed.
- Maintain library materials for New York and Philadelphia.
- Coordinate with other regional office managers to assist in the development of best business practices.
- Supervise Northeast Office Assistant.
- Accounts payable and receivable.
- Assist managing attorneys with budget development and implementation.
- Manage facilities budget and track litigation expenses against monthly budget reports.
- Prepare quarterly billing statements for Northeast Office, Coal Program, and Clean Energy Program clients, and maintain billing records.
- Process expense reports and reimbursements for staff.
- Manage Timeslips, including uploading monthly time reports to Headquarters and running time reports as needed.
- Manage NY client trust account.
- Serve as Human Resources liaison and provide instructions and guidance to employees on human resources procedures and documentation requirements.
- Conduct orientation for new employees, clerks, and volunteers, and assist departing staff with exit procedures.
- Manage Northeast jobs inbox and coordinate interviewing and recruitment of staff, law clerks, and volunteers.
- Maintain personnel files and other management files.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 5–7 years’ office management experience; prior law firm management litigation assistant, or non-profit experience a plus.
- Experience in accounting and budgeting.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Suite.
- A can-do attitude, meticulous attention to detail, and an unrelenting commitment to high performance standards.
- The ability to organize, set priorities among multiple assignments, meet deadlines, and function calmly under pressure.
- Flexible, punctual, highly reliable, and available for occasional evening work.
- People skills and a sense of humor.
We offer a competitive salary, based on experience, and excellent benefits that are comprehensive and competitive. We also offer an informal and collegial work environment with a casual dress code for the office.
Please send a letter explaining your interest and qualifications, a resume, and contact information for three professional or academic references by e-mail to: email@example.com. Subject line should read: Office Manager. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. No telephone calls or hard copies.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters and citizens to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.