Earthjustice is seeking an Online Fundraising Manager who will take our successful online program to the next level. We are looking for a seasoned online fundraiser who thrives on connecting people with our work and inspiring others to invest in our mission. This position is based in San Francisco, CA.
Note: This position could be either Online Fundraising Manager or Senior Manager of Online Fundraising depending on experience.
- Reports to the Online Director.
- Responsible for developing, refining and implementing the strategic vision for the online fundraising program.
- Sets the annual online revenue and expense goals, and is responsible for meeting those goals.
- Researches, develops and writes fundraising email appeals.
- Works closely with the Web and Social Media teams to expand the online community, and develop and implement fundraising strategies on the web site and other digital platforms.
- Responsible for the working with third parties to continue growth of the online community through acquisition efforts.
- Works closely with the online advocacy program to align schedules and messaging.
- Loves metrics, lives metrics, uses metrics on a daily basis to assess the health of the program, A/B test new ideas and make tweaks to improve performance.
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing, demystifying and disseminating metrics to the rest of the organization.
- Collaborates with other Development teams, including Major Gifts, Planned Giving and Donor Relations, to coordinate messaging, share metrics, and develop integrated strategies.
- Bachelor degree and 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience running an email fundraising program.
- Environmental non-profit experience a plus, but not required.
- A strong passion for environmental work is essential.
- Experience using Blackbaud Luminate (or equivalent eCRM platform).
- Excellent writing skills, with an emphasis on fundraising.
- Strong interpersonal skills and can easily build relationships across departments.
- Enjoys traveling and networking, attending conferences and benchmarking meetings as necessary, and learning from what other organizations are doing.
- The ideal candidate loves new ideas, stays on top of new technologies and techniques, and is always open to trying something different.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
We offer a mission- and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package, including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter.
Please, no phone calls, hard copies, or drop-ins. If you’re having technical difficulties submitting your application, please reach out to email@example.com.
If you need reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application, interview or some other portion of the selection process for a job at Earthjustice, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.