The Evaluation Analyst (Fundraising) is responsible for designing reports and analytic solutions, gathering reporting requirements and documenting business processes as needed. The Analyst will develop data visualizations for ad-hoc data requests; develop reports and advanced SQL queries while making sure data results meets requirements. The Analyst will work closely with the Director of Development – Operations, Research & Evaluation in continuously developing and advancing an Evaluation program for the department as well as incorporating data “story-telling” for the organization. The Analyst will also work independently to collect analysis and reporting requirements, develop project schedules and deliver Evaluation products to staff. The Analyst will also engage with department Directors as well as other organizational teams and stakeholders in developing analytic solutions. The Analyst will perform data mining, trend/predictive analysis and statistical analysis leading to decisions about support capabilities.
- Design and develop scorecards and reports using Tableau and other data visualization tools as needed, for various departmental and organizational metrics.
- Create new reports and modify existing reports utilizing SQL Service Report Services (SSRS) while employing best practices.
- Elicit business requirements using business analysis, interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, use cases, tasks and workflow analysis.
- Use the gathered requirements to develop logic for reporting or analytics.
- Develop manual/automated reporting programs using data from in-house and hosted data repositories and warehouses.
- Perform statistical analysis, build predictive models, and formulate decision models that relate operational activities to results; to drive value stream enhancement and continuous improvement.
- Develop standard data visualization reports and as needed.
- Instill data quality in all solutions delivered.
- Engage with organizational Database Administrator to transform existing solutions to new methodology and technology on an as needed basis.
- Work closely with the Development Database Administrator and IT to manage process of data mapping, testing, accessibility, etc.
- Maintain close alignment with all key stakeholders to ensure requirements are being met.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or relevant work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a related business, data or reporting analyst role.
- Solid understanding and demonstrated knowledge of data visualization tools preferably Tableau.
- Database design. Excellent skill level in relational database required. MS SQL Server knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL query language.
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Access (with macros and visual basic).
- Excellent critical-thinking skills with the ability to research and analyze data retrieved from multiple sources
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to build rapport, cultivate working relationships and drive collaboration across teams.
- Must be an adaptable self-starter and work with minimal supervision. Must be able to juggle multiple projects and organize time effectively.
- Superior documentation and organizational skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
We offer a mission- and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package, including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, and a cover letter stating your interest and experience.
Please, no phone calls, hard copies, or drop-ins. If you’re having technical difficulties submitting your application, please reach out to email@example.com.
If you need reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application, interview or some other portion of the selection process for a job at Earthjustice, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.