The Major Gifts Database Assistant works under the supervision of the Associate Development Officer and Director of Major Gifts. This position supports the Major Gifts team in the coordination and execution of portfolio management activities for the organization’s most loyal donors. They will work in an administrative capacity to ensure timely, accurate, and consistent data entry for donor related responsibilities. They will also assist the team, as needed.
This position requires a self‐starter who is able to work both collaboratively and independently, and possesses strong interpersonal skills. The position requires excellent analytical skills, diplomacy and discretion, and the ability to adapt, cooperate effectively, and creatively problem solve. The Major Gifts Database Assistant must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and be highly detail‐oriented.
A variety of administrative tasks, including meeting logistics and scheduling, writing and copy-editing assignments, and assisting with gift acknowledgement processes may be required, as needed. This role requires frequent interaction with staff members within the organization.
Database Administration (80%)
- Work in close partnership with Associate Development Officer to coordinate and execute monthly Moves Management Meeting activities for entire Major Gifts team (7-10 officers).
- Serve as data entry assistant for the Major Gifts team ensuring timely and accurate entry for projects and activities including:
- Donor Contact Reports
- Donor Strategy Development Documents
- Annual Solicits for Major Gifts Donors
- Various Projects, Events, and Other Donor Activities as Assigned.
- Assist Associate Development Officer in the fiscal year-end process for donor plans, as well as creation of new fiscal year plans.
- Participate in the execution of Major Gifts data hygiene projects to ensure accurate donor information is reflected in donor database.
- Assist team in tracking of donor moves and establishing benchmarking for fundraising activities.
- Ensure consistency in data entry for Major Gifts team and provide assistance to Director of Major Gifts in monthly fundraising reporting.
- Serve as liaison between Major Gifts and Development Operations team on database function and reports administration.
Other Tasks (20%)
- Partner with Associate Development Officer to coordinate and execute monthly donor strategy meetings and other development-led projects.
- Ensure team systems and tools are used effectively and that project execution is done accurately and in accordance with all adopted departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Serve as backup to Associate Development Officer and Development Assistant during peak times or vacations, as needed.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of three years’ relevant experience, or Associate’s degree plus a minimum of five years of relevant experience required.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in Development preferred.
- Exemplary organizational skills, including ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and prioritize assignments.
- Meticulous attention to detail including excellent proofreading and copy-editing skills.
- Professional, positive, and approachable attitude. Ability to work and communicate with a diverse group of people, including Board members, donors, volunteers, the public, and staff. Ability to work as a team member as well as independently.
- Solid knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Database management skills required with ability to produce reports and to use advanced functions, including sophisticated knowledge of the Internet.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of a constituent relationship management (CRM) system or similar donor database, such as the Raiser’s Edge.
- Ability to think analytically and strategically.
- Ability to use discretion and diplomacy in dealing with donors, Board members, and colleagues and in handling confidential information.
- Sense of humor desired.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter.
If you are having technical difficulties submitting your application, please reach out to email@example.com. Please, no hard copies, phone calls, or drop-ins.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership, and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
If you need reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application, interview or some other portion of the selection process for a job at Earthjustice, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.