Earthjustice is seeking a Litigation Assistant to join our Seattle office.
The Litigation Assistant will provide litigation and administrative support to attorneys practicing in state and federal courts and various administrative forums. Tasks may include but are not limited to the following:
- Formatting and review of briefs, declarations, correspondence, exhibits, and other documents related to court and administrative filings;
- Preparation of tables, correspondence, exhibit lists, and other documents for court and administrative filings and hearings;
- Preparation, serving, and filing of agency and court documents, including electronic filings;
- Organization and maintenance of case files and contacts;
- Communication with clients and courts;
- General administrative assistance (photocopying, proofreading, monitoring court rules);
- Assisting attorneys in preparing PowerPoint presentations; and
- Tracking relevant dockets, web-based factual research for case development.
- Extensive experience as a litigation assistant, preferably including experience working in federal and state courts and administrative tribunals, and at both the trial and appellate stages of litigation.
- Mastery of the litigation process.
- Paralegal training and/or bachelor’s degree a plus.
- A can-do attitude, meticulous attention to detail, and an unrelenting commitment to high performance standards.
- Excellent computer skills (word processing, proofreading, databases and spreadsheets, Internet, etc.).
- Ability to organize and to set priorities among multiple assignments, to meet deadlines, and to function calmly under pressure.
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team.
- Commitment to serving the public interest.
- Awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and orientations.
- Contribution to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce and culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
We offer a mission- and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
Interested candidates should submit a:
- Cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications.
Applications will be received on a rolling basis. No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application.
If you need reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application, interview or some other portion of the selection process for a job at Earthjustice, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.