The Technical Support Analyst I (TSA I) position provides first level support to end users, and assists more senior IT staff with the maintenance of IT systems.
The position may be required to make periodic office visits to our regional offices. Travel time for the TSA I position will be between 2-4 weeks per year.
An aptitude for technology, strong work ethic, and intellectual curiosity are among the character traits critical for success in this position.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT (50%)
- Provide 1st level hardware and software support for end-users.
- Process incoming user calls and problem tickets via telephone and email to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user requests.
- Clearly and consistently document user issues, actions taken to resolve them and problem resolution within tracking system. Provide status information and concise feedback to the end-user and IT team.
- Create user support documentation to guide users through various tasks and maintain a knowledge base for known issues.
- Assist with video conferences and presentations.
- Assist in employee training of office automation as needed.
- Function as a “Technology Evangelist”: encouraging the adoption of new systems/software and providing training to the user audience as appropriate.
SOFTWARE/HARDWARE/NETWORK ADMINISTRATION (40%)
- Manage domain user accounts (create, modify and delete).
- Configure user profiles on workstations and laptops.
- Install and configure desktop/laptop hardware and software.
- Maintain computer inventory and track assets.
- First level support on network issues.
- Participate in regular drills to ensure IT’s ability to recover critical data.
- Work with IT colleagues to improve infrastructure monitoring and proactive maintenance across the organization.
ADMINISTRATION – GENERAL (10%)
- Administration (General) – attend staff meetings, email management, timesheets and other administrative tasks.
- One year minimum experience in a technical support position. Previous consulting experience desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Solid knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and common 3rd party applications in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with IT ticketing and time tracking software.
- Excellent customer service and computer trouble shooting abilities.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Flexibility to work as part of a team, but also independently with supervision as required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Some weekend and off hour work may be required.
- Travel to regional offices as needed.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment up to 25lbs.
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter.
If you are having technical difficulties submitting your application, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no hard copies, phone calls, or drop-ins.
If you need reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application, interview or some other portion of the selection process for a job at Earthjustice, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.