The Development Database Associate is primarily responsible for providing services in support of a highly accurate CRM and ensuring that donor and supporter records are accurate through standardized and ad hoc routines. The Associate is responsible for the timely completion of all constituent data enrichment. This position will perform duplicate record processing, scheduled data hygiene routines, record merges and constituency management. The Associate will serve a critical role to the success of the organization by collaborating with the Technology, Data Services and Donor Relations team on developing sophisticated and efficient acknowledgement processes as well as accurate and on schedule acknowledgment exporting to our vendor for processing. This role reports to the Development Technology Manager.
Data Quality and Enrichment (65%)
- Upload new prospect and donor records into the donor database and append new and updated data to existing records from a variety of sources. Improve and develop supporting processes where necessary.
- Oversee data enrichment processes, including but not limited to quarterly national change of address (NCOA, PCOA), demographic and constituent contact updates (gender, ethnicity) as well as coordinating constituent file de-duping with Data Services staff. Collaborate with the Data Services team and external response processing and caging/lockbox service on trouble-shooting and resolving data hygiene issues and processes.
- Continually audit internal data hygiene practices for constituent data to be up-to date and document all operations procedures for future evaluation.
- Oversee periodic constituent research model scores and ratings imports/exports coordinating with the Database Manager and outside vendors as needed.
- Seek out and act on opportunities to enhance the data we capture about our donors and their giving preferences in support of our cultivation and solicitation efforts.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly quarterly and annual constituent data hygiene routines to increase the accuracy of the organizations donor information.
- Work with staff on importing data on a scheduled and ad hoc basis for constituent updates.
- Monitor and updated information provide from lockbox processing of non donor updates.
- Create documentation for constituent data best practices and internal coding procedures.
- Perform quarterly mailing of petitions for advocacy efforts and additional mailings as necessary.
- Provide staff with data export files for review of import into other databases, primarily Luminate Online CRM.
Donor acknowledgement processing (25%)
- Perform the data donor acknowledgement processes twice weekly and provide data support to the various giving teams on acknowledgement processing.
- Work closely with the Development Technology Manager and Data Services Manager to develop streamlined acknowledgement processes and systems in the CRM.
Other Support (10%)
- During times of increased volume in gift processing the Associate would be available to be a resource to the Data Services team.
- Bachelor degree in related field or relevant work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a related business, data or reporting analyst role.
- Experience working with a relational database system required.
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Access.
- Excellent critical-thinking skills.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to build rapport, cultivate working relationships and drive collaboration across teams.
- Must be an adaptable self-starter and work with minimal supervision. Must be able to juggle multiple projects and organize time effectively.
- Superior documentation and organizational skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
We offer a mission- and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package, including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter online via the Jobvite system.
Please, no phone calls, hard copies, or drop-ins. If you’re having technical difficulties submitting your application, please reach out to email@example.com.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
If you need reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application, interview or some other portion of the selection process for a job at Earthjustice, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.