The Senior Revenue Analyst/Accountant will be responsible for donor financial reporting, budgeting and analysis. This position will support grant writers, major gift officers and other stakeholders who require information for external stakeholders and internal restricted funds management. We are looking for someone to work out of our San Francisco or DC office, or work remotely.
Donor Budgeting & Reporting (35%):
- Serve as the primary contact for managing grants donor restrictions, as well as work independently to create and approve budgeting and reporting templates;
- Produce grant and donor budgets, reports and analysis, and create and approve budgeted revenue templates;
- Run interim funding reports; analyze variances and flag discrepancies;
- Work with internal departments to ensure compliance with grant restrictions and fulfillment of deliverables;
- Liaison with development department on financial materials for external audiences;
- Strong knowledge of internal budgeting and the ability to serve in a backup capacity for the overall organizational budgeting process.
Net Asset Management (25%):
- Ensure accurate coding of cases and matters to reportable topics;
- Review restricted gift attributes for accuracy and relevance;
- Support VP of Finance in tracking restricted funds received/expensed on a monthly basis;
- Maintain comprehensive restricted funds schedule in accordance with internal and audit requirements;
- Report on gift balances;
- Develop Internal funding level analysis and projections;
- Create monthly net asset schedules.
Internal Accounting (25%):
- Develop and oversee a robust system and for managing restricted assets and improve on the current revenue reconciliation process
- Reconcile revenue with BBEC activity on a monthly basis, and maintain accurate and detailed receivable records and documentation.
- Serve as liaison with Development Operations on booking and reconciliation in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for bank accounts as assigned.
- Assist the Controller and Senior Staff Accountant with the monthly close and the annual close.
Audit & 1099 Reporting Support (15%):
- Prepare relevant worksheets for form the 990 tax filing, and for the year-end financial statement audit.
- Support the accounting department during audit as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Finance of Accounting, OR Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience to the requirements stated below.
- Four to five years of professional related experience in a budgeting or revenue reporting role (preferably in a not-for-profit environment), OR at least three years of professional experience in Assurance at a public accounting firm working in a Senior Associate capacity.
- P.A., C.M.A., or C.F.A. strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key accounting and budget principles, and strong base in non-profit revenue recognition standards.
- Comprehensive experience with Excel is essential (i.e. pivot tables, vlookups, and manipulating data from multiple sources to identify trends and build reports).
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain crucial internal relationships among various departments and ability to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders.
- Experienced computer user, including proficiency with Financial systems (i.e. SAGE MIP), Blackbaud, Excel, and Word.
- Excellent communication skills are required, as is the ability to work cooperatively with different personalities and financial aptitudes across the organization.
- Superior analytical and organizational skills are required, as are strong attention to detail, good recordkeeping, responsible time management, and the ability to juggle many projects and deadlines at once.
- A strong ability to work and think independently and maintain a questioning mind.
- Ability to keep confidential information.
- Non-profit experience and a passion for the Earthjustice mission are strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
To ApplyInterested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter explaining their interest in Earthjustice online via the Jobvite system.
Please, no phone calls, hard copies, or drop-ins. If you're having technical difficulties submitting your application, please reach out to email@example.com
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
If you need reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application, interview or some other portion of the selection process for a job at Earthjustice, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.