Updated: March 30, 2020
Update on COVID-19
We know our supporters, clients, and partners are contending with disruption and great uncertainty amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We want to underscore how deeply we appreciate all of you and extend our heartfelt well-wishes.
Earthjustice has canceled travel and executed a full shift to remote work. We are doing everything in our power to keep our staff safe and healthy, and we are honoring our social responsibility to help limit the spread of this virus.
We staggered the closing of Earthjustice's offices, with all offices closed as of March 16. We are closely monitoring recommendations from best available local and national public health authorities, such as Johns Hopkins University, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Earthjustice is doing all we can to ensure that the planned office closures have minimal impact on our ability to represent our clients and advocate for the planet and its people. Fortunately, our systems and technology enable us to sustain our work and partnerships during the temporary closures.
Please feel free to reach out to us with your questions or needs at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 217-2000. We will get back to you as soon as possible, and appreciate your patience. Thank you for your support and understanding — virtues we encourage in abundance for all of us during this challenging and uncertain time.
Frequently asked questions
Will Earthjustice still be able to continue its work with its physical offices closed?
Absolutely. Almost all of our staff, including our legal teams, are able to telecommute, and we remain 100% committed to representing our clients and partners. We will remain responsive to emails and phone calls and attend meetings remotely in light of advisories to limit nonessential travel. We do not anticipate major disruptions to our work.
What should I do if I have a prescheduled business meeting or interview?
Since we will not have reception services, Earthjustice staff will proactively reach out to individuals to either reschedule meetings and interviews, or attend them virtually. We will provide all necessary instructions to join virtual meetings when we contact you.
How will you handle mail at offices that are closed?
At our San Francisco Headquarters, we will have limited mail processing but will still process donations mailed to the office. (Read below for other ways to contribute.) However, we will not be processing general mail in any of our other offices. We advise you not to send urgent or perishable packages during this time.
How will you handle phone calls?
We will answer and direct all phone calls remotely. There may be some minor delays during this time, so we appreciate your understanding and patience.
Ways to Donate
Thanks to the generous donations from our dedicated supporters, Earthjustice is financially stable despite recent market fluctuations. To ensure the viability of our long-term mission, however, we still deeply appreciate and need your donations.
Here are some important updates for donors during our temporary office closures:
- If you’d like to make a one-time or monthly donation, you may do so online through our secure website. Please be advised that, until we return to the office, we are unable to securely take credit card information by phone. If you prefer to make your gift that way, please email or call us at (800) 584-6460 with your full name, ZIP code, and preferred means of contact, and we’ll contact you when we return to the office.
- If you started a monthly gift online and would like to make changes to your account, please go to our Member Center. If you do not already have a password, you can set a new password. If you are unsure how you set up your gift or need other assistance regarding your monthly giving, please call (800) 584-6460 and ask for Membership Services.
- If you would like to make a gift in honor or memory of a loved one, you can do so on our Tribute and Memorial page.
- If you prefer not to donate online (or by phone, when we return), you may send your gift to our Headquarters: Earthjustice, 50 California St., Suite 500, San Francisco, CA 94111. Please allow extra time for processing, since our mail service will be limited during the office closures.
- If you would like to adjust the frequency of the emails you are receiving, you may do so through the Member Center or through the link at the bottom of the email you received. You also may let us know via email about your preferred adjustments, and we will honor your requests.
- Earthjustice is a 501(c)(3) organization, and your contribution is fully tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Our Tax ID number is 94-1730465. Find more financial information at our Financial Statements page, including our exemption letter and 990s.
- If you would like to speak directly with us about your account, for information about our work, or to resolve an issue, please call (800) 584-6460, and ask for Membership Services. Our hours are Monday - Friday, 9am – 5pm Pacific Standard Time.
Thank you for your support.