Human Resources Partner
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, Miami and Washington, DC.
Reporting to the Director of HR Partnerships, this position will play an instrumental role in the design and implementation of the HR Partner service delivery model. Acting as a consultant and coach to dedicated client groups, this role will build strong partnerships and deliver proactive HR solutions in line with Earthjustice’s core values and strategic objectives. The HR Partner will maintain an effective level of organizational literacy and provide guidance in the areas of employee relations, developing and delivering feedback, talent development, organizational development, and employee engagement.
Employee Support (60%):
- Build relationships with staff at all levels and be a trusted advisor in the areas of professional development, recruitment, performance management, benefits, compensation, and other HR functions. Elevate employee needs to appropriate HR team member for solutions as needed.
- Implement employee relations strategies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Provide new hires with overview of HR functional areas, resources and support as part of onboarding process.
- Champion use of appropriate communication channels for employees to raise issues/concerns.
- Identify internal or external resources to support staff with conflicts, mediations, or other interpersonal needs.
- Partner with Director of HR Partnerships, VP Human Resources, and General Counsel in addressing complex employee relations concerns/issues.
- Report trends to HR team/Director of HR Partnerships regarding employment or management practices that may not align with organizational values or may hinder employees from reaching their full potential.
- Work with Director of HR Partnerships to create insights from data to inform process and program improvements and share findings with key partners to develop and deliver a plan that links to HR strategy.
- Promptly address micro-aggressions and other concerns brought by employees and direct them to appropriate communication channel.
- Facilitate the resolution of interpersonal conflict among team members and bring in outside facilitators as needed.
- Conduct and lead investigations related to employee claims and advise leaders, with support from the Director of HR Partnerships as needed.
- Initiate exit interviews and present high-level themes to management for continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate our Earthjustice values of Justice, Partnership, Inclusion and Excellence.
- Work with the Director of HR Partnerships to manage the annual employee engagement survey, summarize results, and develop recommended action plan.
Team and Culture Building (20%):
Change Management (20%):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of related experience.
- 4+ years of experience in Human Resources.
- HR Certification preferred (e.g. SHRM-CP, PHR)
- Estimated 30% travel to regional offices to hold office hours for HR related needs and to attend trainings.
Salary and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits that are comprehensive and competitive. We also offer an extremely congenial work environment and a casual dress code.
Earthjustice has retained the services of Jobplex. Please submit your resume and expression of interest to Patrick Grant, Senior Associate, at email@example.com.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles: We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
If you need reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application, interview or some other portion of the selection process for a job at Earthjustice, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.