Oil and Gas
Oil and gas threatens everything in its path. Earthjustice’s fight against the oil and gas industry focuses on stopping fracking in local communities and on pristine public lands, strengthening environmental and health protections, and opposing infrastructure development that could lock us into decades of dirty fuels.
Chris Jordan-Bloch / Earthjustice
Oil and gas is destroying our air, water and health.
We’re in the midst of an oil and gas boom driven by fracking. The whole fracking process is exempted from key provisions of most of our nation’s major federal environmental laws. As the industry has expanded without adequate oversight, communities are contending with polluted drinking water and rampant air pollution, threatening our health and the environment.
Earthjustice is fighting by:
- STOPPING FRACKING in local communities and on pristine public lands. Earthjustice supports local communities that are standing up to the oil and gas industry.
- PROTECTING OUR PUBLIC LANDS from the ever-increasing pressure to drill for oil and gas regardless of the devastating impacts to precious wild lands.
- STRENGTHENING ENVIRONMENTAL AND HEALTH PROTECTIONS by pushing for strong chemical disclosure laws and rules to prevent air and water pollution and stop methane leakage.
- STOPPING DIRTY ENERGY INFRASTRUCTURE INVESTMENTS that will commit us to fossil fuel-fired future. We are working with affected communities to fight pipelines, export terminals and other major infrastructure projects that will spur more gas drilling and burning for decades to come.
- WORKING AROUND THE WORLD to partner with organizations and communities to combat climate change, establish and defend the right to a healthy environment, and protect essential global ocean resources.
We’re beating back the oil and gas boom.
Across the United States, Earthjustice is representing communities in their fight against the oil and gas industry, and we’re winning. Earthjustice has made marked progress and we will continue to advocate in courts and administrative agencies to protect human health and natural resources from the oil and gas industry.