Outstanding Leaders Chosen to Advance Biden’s Climate and Environmental Justice Agenda
Earthjustice President Abigail Dillen released the following statement today on incoming President Joe Biden’s nomination of exceptional leaders on climate and environmental justice:
“Dr. Cecilia Martinez is a superb choice to serve in this important leadership role as the Senior Director for Environmental Justice at the White House Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ). She has dedicated her life’s work to advancing equity and environmental justice and is exactly who we need at CEQ. We look forward to continuing to work with Dr. Martinez to ensure that climate solutions are centered in justice and equity, and to secure a pollution-free, 100% clean energy future for all.”
Most recently, Martinez led the Biden-Harris CEQ transition team. She is the co-founder and Executive Director of the Center for Earth, Energy and Democracy and was also an associate research professor in the College of Earth, Ocean, and Environment at the University of Delaware.
Other impressive climate leaders named by Biden to leadership roles at CEQ include:
- David Hayes, Special Assistant to the President for Climate Policy.
- Maggie Thomas, Chief of Staff for the Office of Domestic Climate Policy.
- Sonia Aggarwal, Senior Adviser for Climate Policy and Innovation.
- Jahi Wise, Senior Adviser for Climate policy and Finance.
- Jeff Marootian, Special Assistant to the President for Climate and Science Agency Personnel, working within the Presidential Personnel Office.
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health, to preserve magnificent places and wildlife, to advance clean energy, and to combat climate change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.