Welcome! You'll find resources here to help with your Earthjustice subscriptions, our online advocacy and donation forms, and more. Thank you for being a part of Earthjustice.
How do I subscribe to Earthjustice emails?
For security purposes, Earthjustice uses a two-step signup process. Join Earthjustice’s email community through our signup page. We'll then send you a confirmation email to make sure we have the right email address for you. Please click the confirmation link in the confirmation email to complete the signup process.
I just signed up for Earthjustice emails but never received a confirmation email to complete the process.
We apologize for the technical hiccup! Please email us, and we’ll get things sorted out.
Can I change my email subscription preferences?
Yes! To choose the types of emails you'd like to receive from us, please use the Member Center to update your preferences.
My email address has changed. How do I update my information?
At your Member Center, select the “My Contact Information” tab to update your email address and contact information.
How can I receive less paper mail or be removed from your paper mailing list?
Thank you for helping us conserve! Please fill out our mail preference form to reduce the amount of physical mail you are receiving or to be removed from our paper mailing list. Please allow at least 8 weeks for changes to take effect, as we often print mailings far in advance.
How do I signup for Earthjustice text message updates?
Additional keywords you can text to 43428 to signup for our text message list: ARCTIC, CHLORP, CLIMATE, EARTHJUSTICE, HELP, JOIN, JUSTICE, LANDS, LINE3, NEPA, NODAPL, NOWALL, ORCAS, OVERRULED, PANTHERS, PETROCHEM, REDROAD, SALMON, TONGASS, UNSTOP, WILD, WOLVES.
I unsubscribed from text messages previously. How can I start receiving text messages from Earthjustice again?
Text UNSTOP to 43428 to resume receiving text messages from Earthjustice.
How do I unsubscribe from Earthjustice text message alerts?
Text STOP to 43428. We’re sorry to see you go! We want to hear your feedback — please let us know why you decided to unsubscribe.
How do I unsubscribe from emails?
We don’t want to overstay our welcome in your inbox, but we’re sorry to see you go. Click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails to reach our unsubscribe page and to remove your email address.
We want to hear your feedback — please let us know why you decided to leave.
How can I be removed from your paper mailing list?
Thank you for helping us conserve! Please fill out our mail preference form to stop receiving paper mailings from Earthjustice. Please allow at least 8 weeks for changes to take effect, as we often print mailings far in advance.
Advocacy & Donation Online Forms
Why can’t I see the action or donation form?
Why do I need to add a prefix to my name when taking an action? I prefer not to use one.
We understand that many prefer not to use prefixes with their name. Unfortunately, many elected officials require that your letters use one of their designated prefixes. Earthjustice's action alerts require prefixes if they are delivering letters to state or federal mail systems that have this requirement. If your letter does not include a prefix, it will not be accepted by the elected officials.
Why are phone numbers required on some action forms?
When the contact forms for elected officials or agencies include a requirement that your letter has a phone number, our action forms must ask for your phone number. Without a phone number, the agency's digital comment system will not accept your letter.
What is the “FastAction” option on your advocacy and donation forms?
Is FastAction required?
No. To decline saving your information to FastAction, make sure the checkbox for “Remember me so that I can use FastAction next time” is not checked, before you submit the form.
I opted-in to FastAction. How do I log out of FastAction?
If you are using a shared computer, or you do not wish for FastAction to automatically fill in your information, click on the “Forget this device” link next to the FastAction icon on any of our contribution forms.
Contributions & Donations
Is my donation to Earthjustice tax-deductible?
Yes! Earthjustice is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. All donations to Earthjustice are tax-deductible. Our tax identification number is EIN 94-1730465. We are committed to sound fiscal management, accountability, and transparency. See our financials and our ratings by charity watchdogs.
I contribute a monthly donation to Earthjustice, and my credit card has expired or changed. How can I update it?
We are grateful for your support! At our Member Center, you can update your existing payment method on the “My Recurring Gifts” tab.
How can I make a donation by check?
Please use our printable donation form to mail in your gift, including by check or by money order. Our mailing address is: Earthjustice, 50 California St., Suite 500, San Francisco, CA 94111. Thank you. We are grateful for your support.
How can I write an effective action letter?
Be as clear, factual, and personal as possible. Point out how you and your home region would be affected by the proposal. Declare your position towards the beginning, and restate it at the end. We encourage you to customize each of the letters you send through our action alerts by adding personal messages with your own viewpoints and personal experiences.
Who are my senators and representatives?
You have the wrong representative listed for me on the action form. How can I get this fixed?
For residents of split congressional districts, our database may have incorrectly matched you to a neighboring district. Please email us, and we'll correct this error.
I take part in all the action alerts. What else can I do?
Try writing a letter to the editor of your local paper. The editorial page is one of the most important sections of any newspaper. This is an ideal forum for conveying your message about environmental and public health issues.
Editors of these newspapers wish to publish criticism, praise, or feedback to the stories and columns that have recently appeared. Editors are also looking for ideas and facts. By providing your editor with information on your issues, you are helping them to do their jobs. Keep in mind that editors are not required to print your letter, but usually they feel responsible for equitably and accurately depicting all sides of an issue.
How can I write an effective “Letter to the Editor”?
Tips to maximize the impact of your letter to the editor:
- Respond quickly. If you wait more than a day or two the issue is old news and it is unlikely that your letter will be published.
- Keep it short and simple. Use plain language, short sentences, and short paragraphs — and get right to the point. Keep it no longer than 180 words. Be clever, and present new information.
- Craft the first paragraph. Make your point in the first paragraph, and then present your argument in the paragraphs that follow.
- Think locally rather than globally. The more relevant you can make an issue to both your own and the readers' circumstances, the more likely it is that your letter will be published. Localize and personalize the issue as much as possible.
- Use your own words. Don't use a form letter. Let your personality and thoughts show by being serious, humorous, or ironic, but don't be nasty or offensive. Creative letters using humor or irony will have a more lasting impression on the reader.
- Use facts and figures. Where possible, the use of facts and figures elevates your argument above the average "tit-for-tat" verbal skirmishes on the letters pages. These are also more difficult to rebut or to dismiss as mere "opinion."
- Be polite and calm. Over-emotional responses and rants are more easily dismissed than reasoned arguments. Attack issues, not people.
- Sum up. Conclude your letter with a single sentence that sums up your main point, argument, or position, so that readers are not left hanging in the air.
- Proofread. While most newspapers will edit your letter before printing it, spelling and grammatical errors create a bad impression and reduce the chances of your letter being published.
- Provide contact details. Provide your name, address and telephone number in case the paper needs to contact you.
How do I submit my “Letter to the Editor” to local and national papers?
Submission information will often be printed on the editorial or "Letters to the Editor" page in the newspaper or magazine. Many publications accept email submissions; look for the "feedback" or "comments" link.
And more ...
Where can I find Earthjustice apparel to show my support?
We are grateful to have you by our side. Earthjustice-branded merchandise can be purchased at the Earthjustice Store.
Sustainability is core to our values. Each item in our store has been selected to reflect our values in material sourcing, resource use, country of origin, post-consumer waste, and worker and consumer safety.
Please note that purchases at the Earthjustice Store are not considered to be tax-deductible donations. Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don’t see my question answered here. Who can I contact?
- For questions regarding emails and action alerts, please email email@example.com.
- For questions about our website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about your donation, postal mail from Earthjustice, or other inquiries, please email email@example.com, or call us at 1-800-584-6460, on Mon.–Fri., 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PT.
We look forward to hearing from you!