Patrice Simms is Vice President of Litigation, based in Washington, D.C.
A leading environmental attorney and legal scholar, Patrice began his career as an attorney in the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Office of General Counsel, and later served as a counsel to EPA's Environmental Appeals Board and as a Senior Attorney with the Natural Resources Defense Council. Additionally, Patrice served in the Obama Administration as a Deputy Assistant Attorney General in the U.S. Department of Justice’s Environment and Natural Resources Division. Prior to joining Earthjustice, he was a Howard University School of Law professor, teaching, writing, and speaking on various subjects related to environmental law and environmental justice. Patrice served on the Earthjustice Board of Trustees for five years.
Patrice is a founding member of the Green Leadership Trust, and a member of the Commission on Environmental Law for the International Union for the Conservation of Nature.
Media Highlights with Patrice Simms:
- The Hill, "Trump Chips Away at the Shield Against Environmental Racism," March 4, 2019.
- On U.S. Supreme Court Justice Nominee Brett Kavanaugh: Press Conference with Sens. Markey, Carper, Whitehouse (video – Patrice speaks at 14:09), July 17, 2018.
- On U.S. Supreme Court Justice Nominee Brett Kavanaugh: Washington, D.C., Rally (video), July 10, 2018.
- Public News Service, "EPA Changes Put Courts in Environmental Spotlight." June 25, 2018.
- The Morning Show with Ken Lanphear, "Record-Breaking Lawsuits Filed." June 11, 2018.
- Living on Earth, "Pruitt’s EPA Allows Dirtier Air." April 13, 2018.
- ThinkProgress, "Congress Introduces Record Number Of Bills To Prevent People From Taking Industry To Court." February 12, 2018.
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health, to preserve magnificent places and wildlife, to advance clean energy, and to combat climate change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.