Support Earthjustice’s work by making a gift of stocks, bonds, or mutual funds.
A gift of appreciated securities provides significant benefits, including an immediate charitable deduction for the full market value of the stock and avoidance of capital gains taxes that would normally be due upon sale.
How to Give Stock
- Instruct your broker to transfer shares to Earthjustice.
- Contact us at 1-800-584-6460 or email@example.com to provide information about your gift. Donor information is not always included when stock gifts are received, so we appreciate notification about a forthcoming gift.
- The proceeds from your gift will support Earthjustice’s work.
Earthjustice Stock Transfer Information
Download printable instructions.
Broker: Charles Schwab
Account number: 3024-7509
DTC: 0164, code 40
Transfers of stocks or mutual funds typically take a few business days. Mutual fund transfers from direct fund brokers can be expedited if we have notification about an upcoming gift. Please send notifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You receive credit and an immediate tax deduction for the fair market value of your stock gift on the date it was transferred to Earthjustice. (Consult your tax advisor regarding limitations on deductions for gifts of securities held for less than one year.)
- You pay no capital gains tax on the donated stock.
- Your gift of stock or mutual funds can also be used to fund a charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust, which can provide you with income for life. You can also add Earthjustice as a beneficiary of a brokerage account. Contact 1-800-584-6460 or email@example.com.
- If you own stock that is now worth less than when you bought it, consult your tax advisor about the possible advantages of selling the stock yourself, donating the proceeds to Earthjustice, and claiming a capital loss on your tax return.
- For detailed instructions on how to make a gift of stock certificates, bonds, or mutual funds, contact Andrew Uhl at 1-800-584-6460 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions About Giving Stock?
We look forward to hearing from you. Please contact us at:
50 California Street, Suite 500
San Francisco, CA 94111