Scope of this Supplemental Privacy Statement
Earthjustice operates the Site or Microsites and is the controller of any personal information collected or otherwise processed on or through the Site or Microsites. You may contact Earthjustice using the following contact details:
50 California Street, Suite 500
San Francisco, CA 94111
We process your personal information on different legal bases, as follows:
- As necessary to enter into or perform a contract with you. When you make a donation to us or choose to use services we provide, we process your personal information to enter into or perform any related contractual agreements with you, to respond to related questions and requests from you, or to provide related support to you.
- As necessary to comply with legal obligations under EU/EEA, Member State or UK Law. We may need to process your personal information to comply with applicable EU/EEA, Member State or UK law and to respond to lawful requests, court orders, and legal process.
- As necessary to pursue legitimate interests. We process your personal information based on our legitimate interests described below:
- to operate the Site or Microsites;
- to remember your preferences and settings on the Site or Microsites;
- for the security and safety of the Site or Microsites, our information technology connected to the Site or Microsites, and the users of the Site or Microsites;
- to detect and prevent fraud;
- to comply with applicable law other than EU/EEA, Member State or UK law;
- to protect and defend the rights or property of others or our own rights and property;
- Based on your prior consent. We process your personal information based on your prior opt-in consent as follows:
- to send you promotional emails or text messages;
- to measure how you interact with the Site or Microsites and collect analytic data;
- to test and improve the Site or Microsites;
- to provide users with a more relevant and meaningful experience;
- to generate custom audiences of known supporters and others who may be interested in supporting us to deliver targeted content, including advertisements; and
- to reach out to you through personalized advertisements on third-party websites, based on your previous visits to the Site or Microsites. When geographic targeting is available, we do not target personalized advertisements outside of the United States.
Jurisdiction and Cross-Border Transfer
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have operations or in which we engage service providers. By using the Site or Microsites, or by providing personal information to us, you understand that your personal information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
Your Rights Regarding your Personal Information
Subject to the conditions set out in applicable law, you have the rights to
- inquire whether and what kind of personal information we hold about you and how it is processed, and to access or request copies of such personal information,
- request the correction or supplementation of personal information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date in light of the purposes underlying the processing, or to
- obtain the erasure of personal information no longer necessary for the purposes underlying the processing, processed based on withdrawn consent, processed for legitimate interests that, in the context of your objection, do not prove to be compelling, or processed in non-compliance with applicable legal requirements. In addition, you have, subject to the conditions set out in the applicable law, the rights to
- request that we restrict the processing of personal information in certain situations where you feel its processing is inappropriate,
- object, in certain circumstances, to the processing of personal information for legitimate interests, and to
- request portability of certain personal information that you have provided to us.
Where we process your personal information based on your consent, you may revoke or withdraw such consent at any time subject to your discretion. In case of concerns regarding the processing of your personal information, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent local data protection authority.
Your Provision of Personal Information to Us
Your use of the Site or Microsites and your provision of personal information to us is purely voluntary on your part. Subject to your sole discretion, you can, at any point, stop using the Site or Microsites or, where applicable, opt out of certain data processing operations as described in the Policy. An exception applies if and to the extent you want to enter into or perform a contract with us on or through the Site or Microsites. In that case, providing us with your related personal information is necessary for us to be able to enter into the contract with or provide any contractual services to you.
Geolocation Protocol Used to Determine User Location
We use MaxMind, Inc. services as integrated into Cookie Control by Civic Computing Ltd. to determine the location of Site or Microsites users. User control settings for cookies and other tracking technologies are based on this determination of user location. The geolocation service uses mapping from IPv4/IPv6 to geographical info and is updated regularly. Geolocation relying on IPs cannot be 100% accurate. Where we identify personal information submitted to us through forms or surveys as associated with a user located in the EU/EEA or the United Kingdom (UK), we suppress this information from target messaging campaigns. We do not use geolocation protocols with all forms and surveys. If you believe we have miscategorized your location as outside of the EU/EEA or the United Kingdom (UK), you may contact Earthjustice using the below contact information:
50 California Street, Suite 500
San Francisco, CA 94111